Re: Patches for VGA timing not matching up with the TV (was: HD output - your current favourites)

yes, my PCI Geforce 8400 card on GPU G98 can do 1080p@50 but with the simplest bob deinterlacing only. I prefer to usemore advanced deinterlacing algorithm - temporal_spatial or temporal. But with them I have jerky video
Yes, exactly what I want to try, But I couldn't run properly 1080i@50 - even in xorg.log I have the report about validated1080i@50 mode - my LCD TV Philips 9703PFL reported about 1080p source from hdmi
> Not sure if that's possible with Nvidia hardware/drivers.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/185.18.29/README/chapter-19.htmlyes it's possible

Chapter 19. Programming Modes
The NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver supports all standard VGA and VESA modes, as well as most user-written custommode lines; double-scan modes are supported on all hardware. Interlaced modes are supported on all GeForce FX/Quadro FXand newer GPUs, and certain older GPUs; the X log file will contain a message "Interlaced video modes are supported onthis GPU" if interlaced modes are supported.
Note that when validating interlaced mode timings, VertRefresh specifies the field rate, rather than the frame rate. For example, the following modeline has a vertical refresh rate of 87 Hz: # 1024x768i @ 87Hz (industry standard) ModeLine "1024x768"  44.9  1024 1032 1208 1264  768 768 776 817 +hsync +vsync Interlace
Goga
Linux/VDR форумhttp://www.forum.free-x.de/wbb/index.php?page=Portal