HD output - your current favourites

My current vdr-1.4.7 (compiled 2 years ago as of tomorrow!) is stillserving me well.. I have a Technotrend FF DVB-C doing all the heavylifting, but as time moves on and HD content becomes more prevalent, I'mthinking of moving up.
Right now I have an EPIA 800MHz quiet PC with the Technotrend giving melovely SCART RGB out... if I got a nice LCD TV, what setup would beideal for driving the HDMI input?
Most of the content is still SD, and I am a real pedant about smoothvideo / interlaced output for scrolling text / live sports. Any timethat I've played with vdr-xine or xineliboutput over my years with VDR,it's always been a bit juddery due to VGA timing not matching up withthe TV.. is that improved any in the world of HD / HDMI?
Just interested in hearing your thoughts, since I'm sure there are adozen different ways to approach this!
I can't possibly afford a reelbox at £1100, so if I'm going to do it,I'll have to roll my own :)
Cheers,Gavin