Re: What about vdr-1.6.1?

On Samstag, 27. Juni 2009, Udo Richter wrote:
> On 25.06.2009 21:55, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> >> Hmmm, this could also be a great opportunity: Why not nominate someone
> >> as the official maintainer of the 1.6 stable branch? Someone who
> >> collects or back-ports fixes and smaller enhancements to the 1.6 branch,
> >> and does minor releases based on community feedback?
> >
> > Yes, please!  Udo, are you volunteering? ;)
>
> Thanks for the confidence in me, but actually, I would prefer not to.
>
> I already don't have enough spare time to keep up with my existing
> projects. And I wanted to focus on moving towards 1.7.x, which is not
> feature-complete from my point of view now.
>
> This doesn't mean that I wouldn't help out in keeping 1.6.x up to date.
> But I simply cannot promise to have the necessary time.
>
> 1.6.x stable should be maintained by someone who really uses it in the
> future, to keep an eye on stability, and who has at least the time to
> keep tings from stalling for months.

Well, I am not keen on doing this, but to get some progress I at least did
upload my git tree based on vdr-1.6.0-2 version of
git://vdr.gekrumbel.de/vdr.git to github:

http://github.com/zzam/vdr/tree/stable
git://github.com/zzam/vdr.git
Branch "stable"

It contains up to now only my three patches I already posted in this thread.

Regards
Matthias