Re: ExtensionHD and VDR 1.7.6

Luca Olivetti kirjoitti:
> OTOH with my setup it works poorly (artifacts, banding, freezing,
> changes in color, etc.) and I'm not the only one, so I'm not sure vdpau
> support is mature enough for inclusion in xine-lib.

Here VDPAU works close to perfectly with two different (Intel E8200, AMD
4850E + GeForce 8400) Ubuntu Jaunty boxes with included restricted
Nvidia driver and self compiled VDPAU enabled xine-lib.

I had picture tearing that was solved by disabling composite extension.
I lost possibility for HUD OSD for now. I needed to force also 50 Hz
video mode to HDMI with custom xorg.conf modeline. Somehow probably due
to extremely low CPU load VDPAU also solved breaking SPDIF sound that I
had on my Asus P5Q motherboard (with similar setup the AMD780G mobo
never had sound problems). 576i video scaling and de-interlacing is good
quality in VDPAU.

There are not many FTA HDTV channels but SDTV on Finnish DVB-T and
European DVB-S works great!

Cheers,
Seppo