Re: ExtensionHD and VDR 1.7.6

Falk Spitzberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i recently built a vdr-1.7.6 + reelbox pluging, following the vdr-wiki
> for VDR DVB-S2 on OpenSuse.
>
> Everything was build properly, but unfortunately the eHD freezes after a
> few Minutes (not only when replaying recordings, but also with live TV).
> I know that there are some problems concerning the new TS format of
> VDR.
>
> Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I don't like the idea to
> use VDR 1.7.0 or an even older version.
>
> Any help is greatly appreceated.

Hello,

I installed vdr-1.7.6 + reelbox plugin a week ago using:
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/OpenSUSE_VDR_DVB-S2#openSUSE_VDR_DVB-S2_-_Teil2.1:_eHD
which propably is the one you are refering to. Then I applied the vdr-1.7.6-1.7.7.diff
patch which worked except that I had to change the osd.h file a little for the patch
to run without complaints. There is some memory leak problem with vdr-1.7.7 but
Klaus is looking into it, see: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2009-May/020636.html

Reelbox plugin still occasionally freezes, but so it has always done.
The reelbox plugin is of course a joke and I deeply regret buying the
card from Reel-Multimedia. Hopefully the VDPAU is more promising.

BR,

Josce