[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.7

VDR developer version 1.7.7 is now available at

      ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.7.tar.bz2

A 'diff' against the previous version is available at

      ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.6-1.7.7.diff

WARNING:
========

This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.

IMPORTANT:
==========

If you use a full featured DVB card for replay you need the DVB driver
version from

  http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb

in order to replay TS recordings!
Users of full featured DVB cards also need to use a new firmware,
available at

  http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/firmware

Note that the header files in the latest driver versions may be broken.
If you get compiler error messages like

  /usr/include/sys/types.h:52: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef __ino64_t ino_t'
  /usr/include/linux/types.h:14: error: 'ino_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef __kernel_ino_t ino_t'

when compiling VDR, you need to put the driver header files back to
how they were before they got broken. One way of doing this is to
apply the patch from

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/v4l-dvb-header-fix.diff

(I'm not claiming that this is the right way to fix this, since the driver
developers may have had good reasons for making that change. However, both
the driver and VDR compile and work fine with this).

The changes since version 1.7.6:

- The new function cDevice::GetVideoSize() returns the size and aspect ratio
  of the video material currently displayed. This function is used to determine
  the proper size of the OSD. Plugin authors should implement this function in
  classes derived from cDevice, if they are able to replay video.
- The OSD and font sizes are now defined in percent of the actual video display
  size. The maximum OSD size has been raised to 1920x1080, to allow full
  screen OSD on HD systems.
- The OSD size is now automatically adjusted to the actual video display
  (provided the output device implements the GetVideoSize() function).
- cFrameDetector::Analyze() now syncs on the TS packet sync bytes (thanks to
  Oliver Endriss for reporting broken index generation after a buffer overflow).

Have fun!

Klaus