Re: Best practices for running vdr-xine

Yes, I setup vdr-skinsoppalusikka, but I had to set the video in xineliboutput to auto, not xvmc directly (can't remember off hand), by setting it to xvmc only, the colours are incorrect. The one that does work is xvmc+... will have to look it up when I get home.

What I do find odd is, that my idle shows 91%, but vdr uses 17% cpu usage and this is on an old Pentium 4, 2.4GHz. So I'm not sure how that works.

On 29/04/2009, Jan Ekholm <jan.ekholm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 29 April 2009, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
> I use xineliboutput, permanently on my vdr, with xvmc enabled on my old
> nvidia 440 MX card. however only on SD mpeg2 broadcasts. It does provide
> some multimedia playback on other formats, which is useful. Normal vdr
> recordings are a bit of a pain, since fast forwarded/rewind doesn't work as
> you would expect with softdevice. If my vdr loses signal for a minute, I
> have to restart VDR, perhaps I should just try restarting xineliboutput. It
> is good enough for what I use. I didn't see any support for a vdr menu to
> play back other multi media content in vdr-xine, so there for never used
> it.

Does the normal OSD work for you? I don't see it, nor do I see the channel
info when I switch channels. Also, if a channel switch is successful it does
take 5s+ which I think is a bit long as "normal" VDR changes channel in 1-2s
or so.

--

Jan Ekholm
jan.ekholm@xxxxxxxxxxxx