Re: [Fwd: Re: let vdr ignore non vdr directories ?]

On 15.04.2009 08:24, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> ...On the other hand i think what vdr does is a bad idea
> and unnecessary. period.
>> Still I support the opinion that vdr should not silently delete files it does
>> not know.
>>

> vdr is not deleting files it does not know. Its only deleting empty
> directories in its video directories.

>From the VDR/INSTALL file:

  Note that you should not copy any non-VDR files into the /videoX directories,
  since this might cause a lot of unnecessary disk access when VDR cleans up those
  directories and there is a large number of files and/or subdirectories in
  there.

The video directory is VDR's own space, there shall be nothing else
in there. If the user puts anything non-VDR related into it (even by
mistake), it's their fault.

Klaus