Re: VDR-Live plugin

Heinrich Langos ha scritto:

> While you are on your local network go to the live plugins web interface.
>
> Select "Setup" from the top menue"
>
> Activate "Use Authentication". Now you should see three more input
> fields. Two to change your login credentials and one to set a "Local
> net" from which no login will be required.
>
> I strongly recommend that you use the login. Otherwise everybody from the
> internet can access your vdr. (And problably 0wn your whole network. As I
> understand it the vdr code has hardly been audited for security and due
> to the plugin architecture a buffer overflow in one plugin would compromises
> the vdr process that (depending on your setup) may even run as root).
>
> If you insist on getting hacked you can set the "Local net" to something
> like 0.0.0.0/0
> This would disable the password question, no matter where you come from.

Thanks Henrick,

On further investigation I have sorted it out.  In my firewall I'd
mistyped the portforward, so it was arriving at vdradmin instead, which
uses a different password.

I have it working. However, for the next version, is there a way to
select two different streamdev profiles quickly.  When I am home I would
like to select streamdev TS, but when away extern?

Also, is there a way to allow a change of language in the vlc plugin, or
a way to serve up a file with the url in, for instance stream.m3u with
the url in it like a playlist, a bit like a dreambox.  This would allow
the vlc interface to select language etc.