Re: vdr-1.7.4 and iptv plugin

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, ua0lnj wrote:

> Sometimes when change channel I can see normal iptv aprox. 3 sec, but after
> still picture again...
> vdr: [5981] changing pids of channel 259 from 501+501=2:502:0:0 to
> 501+501=0:502:0:0
> vdr: [5852] retuning due to modification of channel 259

VDR's PAT/PMT scanner detects changes in pid information usually after a
few seconds and the channel it retuned as your log states. If you look
at the change, you'll see that VDR changes the video stream type from
MPEG2 (2) to an invalid/reserved (0) value. Software decoders might rely
on that that information and therefore cannot display the video.

As a quick hack, you should disable PAT tables in IPTV's section filter
(or disable channel updates in VDR) and manually edit the channel entry
to use a correct video stream type (501+501=2).

Now, the real question is why the video stream type is marked as zero in
your streams: a bug in vdr, a bug in iptv plugin, or some kind of
attempt from your provider to allow only their proprietary hardware? If
it's the latter one, you could try simply to make VDR detect stream type
0 as a MPEG2 (0x02) or H264 (0x1B) stream in pat.c, although I cannot
see how you could end up with non-zero video pid with zeroed video type
in current VDR code base. Are you using any other VDR patches than the
pluginparam?

You could always provide us a stream dump for further analyzing:
$ emcast 127.0.0.1:1234 > dump.ts

BR,
--
rofa