Re: [OT] development infrastructur for VGA2SCART patch set

Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2009, 19:47 +0100 schrieb Thomas Hilber:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:12:36AM +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> > > due to lack of time and interest I do not yet run a full blown homepage.
> > > But at least I started to collect the plain patches here [3].
> >
> > That is what I thought. So maybe other people who are not good or
> > intersted in coding could help set up this web site and repository.
> > Would you be willing to use this. Do you have a favorite system for SCM
>
> At least somebody must start such a page..
>
> For the moment it takes less time for me to answer questions in the
> corresponding threads on easy-vdr.de and vdr-portal.de directly.

I would be willing to begin to start such a page. But I wanted to know
your preferences, so that chances are high, that you will feel
comfortable with it.

I will ask the owners of projects.vdr-developers.org again.

> Why don't you just use the easy-vdr install script I mentioned above
> which already has been proven successful?

I just checked it out. But the main problem in distribution is, that
everyone has to register to be able to download attachments.

> If you are interested in what's happening behind the scenes - no problem.
> The script builds all VGA2SCART + FRC relevant things from source.

I just took a look. On quick look at the homepage and the Wiki I could
not find any information on [1] on what Easy VDR does and on what distro
it is based.

Looking at the script it looks like it is based on Debian Etch.

> There is no better way to document an installation than a working shell
> script:-)

Of course, but if one has to register at a forum to get the files it
will prevent people from getting it and to contributing to the project.
That is why I think a repository would be helpful. Then everything
relating to the code would be in one place and work does not have to be
done twice because one did not see that thread were someone else already
implemented this.

I find it very difficult to jump through all the threads of the forum
and reads through all the posts and most of the time read it several
times.

Thanks a lot,

Paul