Re: Anyone working on ttxtsubs for 1.7.4?

On 28.02.2009 11:42, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> What we also need is a way of detecting whether there are any ttxt subtitles,
> and on which page they are broadcast (haven't looked into the DVB standard
> about this yet, but I believe every broadcaster uses a different page).

The teletext standard defines a teletext subtitle flag that any subtitle
page should have set. Specifically, its the C6 flag, placed at byte 11
bit 8 of line 0 of the teletext page. (see cTxtReceiver::DecodeTXT of
OSDTeletext on how to get that flag.)

However, I don't know how consequently this flag is used. The C5
(Newsflash) flag also sets a transparent background, and could be used
alternatively. Other transparent pages could also falsely set the C6 flag.
It also may be a good idea to interpret different teletext pages as
different subtitles, in case a channel has more than one subtitle page.

Cheers,

Udo