Re: vdpau output to pal tv,

> On 3 Feb 2009, at 00:58, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
>
> > There is a VGA -> RGB connector that you can assemble/buy. I've seen
> > in the xorg.conf that you can still force your VGA out to run on
> 50Hz,
> > by disabling EDID on the nvidia xorg.conf Options.
>

> Yes this is what I'll be trying, but I'll just get an nvidia component
> breakout box, they're about $10 on ebay.
It appears that the component output breakout cable still uses the
tvencoder chip..

I was able to avoid tearing finally (!) by disabling the composite
extension.

Section "Extensions"
     Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

I then got pixel perfect component pal output without overscan. But
now i'm left with.. judder !!!

Watching live sports i get judder, it almost looks like it's dropping
every even or odd field.. It might be that it's just that field parity
is not observed, but it's a bit hard to make out.

Am beginning to think that nvidia hardware is useless for 50Hz pal
output..

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@xxxxxxxxx