Re: Serial IR receiver + wakeup from suspend

2009/1/17 Ville Aakko <ville.aakko@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/1/17 Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I wonder if anybody here is using IR receiver that is connected to the PC
>> with 9-pin serial cable and is able to wake the machine from suspend mode?
>
> I use a IR-receiver which also connects to the power button header on
> the mainboard. It requires +5VSB (I took it from an USB header, since
> that was the only option available on my MB)

Note that not all motherboards have +5VSB high in S5 (power off) in
USB headers - some have it configurable, some don't. On my motherboard
it is not configurable, but luckily it seems that all (or at least the
one where I connected the +5VSB line) have it always high (I'd believe
this is the case with most modern motherboards). This might matter if
your motherboard doesn't have any headers having +5V in S5... but then
of course you can always connect straight to the power supply, as in
the instructions for the receiver I mentioned in my previous post =).
BTW there's also an english manual on the site.

Ville Aakko - ville.aakko@xxxxxxxxx