Re: Serial IR receiver + wakeup from suspend

2009/1/17 Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello all,
>
> I wonder if anybody here is using IR receiver that is connected to the PC
> with 9-pin serial cable and is able to wake the machine from suspend mode?

I use a IR-receiver which also connects to the power button header on
the mainboard. It requires +5VSB (I took it from an USB header, since
that was the only option available on my MB) to power the circuit. And
of course the button that shorts the power button header is
programmable. With this solution it doesn't matter what mode your
computer is in, since pressing the power button is going to wake it
from any mode.

I got the receiver from: http://www.atric.de/

There are other implementations on the net, that have basicly the same
idea. See Google! IIRC They are all so complicated that you are going
to need a circuit board so unless you have the access to hardware
required to make one, you need to buy a ready one or a DIY set.

--
Ville Aakko - ville.aakko@xxxxxxxxx