Re: ANNOUNCE vdr-ttxtsubs 0.0.8

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 01:51:25AM +0100, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> seems not to compile, I get errormessages:
> ttxtsubs.c:23:34: error: vdr/vdrttxtsubshooks.h: No such file or directory

You haven't applied patch to the vdr core. It's included in the package.

> Is that plugin a replacement for vdr-osdteletext-0.6.0.tgz?

No. osdteletext is to view teletext pages on OSD, ttxtsubs is to show teletext subtitles. It's
subtitles which are sent in teletext pages (of course you can see those with osdteletext too, but it
looks ugly and can't include subtitles in recordings etc..)

And while we're at the topic, is it possible to have border colour for the text in ttxtsubs? When i
select white as text color, i can't see anything when there's something white on video under text.
Solution so far has been to use little transparent background, but it looks ugly, not like "normal
text" should look like (white text with few pixels thick black border)