Re: How to setup VDR to receive from multiple satellites?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Artem Makhutov <artem@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to setup VDR to receive from 2 different sattelites.

Currently I have 3 DVB-S cards in my VDR box, and all are connected
to a single dish pointing to astra 19.2E.
What LNBs do you have on those dishes? If all of them have single output LNBs than you're probably causing problem.
All cards provide voltage/current for LNB to work, so now your LNB gets 3x times more current than needed.
Also, I'm not sure what happen when one card tries to tune on vertical transponder, while another will try to tune on horizontal transponder. One of them will not succeed for sure.

I have installed a second dish pointing to Sirius 4.8E and would like
to connect this dish to VDR.

Is it possible to connect one of the DVB-S cards directly to the
second dish and setup VDR somehow to use this one DVB-S card only
to receive channels from Sirius and not trying to use it to tune to
Astra channels?
Don't know. I use Diseqc

Later on I would like to install one Diseqc switch, so that one of
the cards can switch between the two sattelites. Is this possible
with only one Diseqc switch, or must I use 3 Diseqc switches and
connect all of my DVB-S cards to the two dishes?
Normal installation would be to connect your 2 dishes (actually LNBs) to diseqc inputs and feed disecq output to your card.
If you want to have more than 1 card to record multiple programs at the same time, you'll need LNBs with multiple outputs where several diseqs should be connected to outputs from different LNBs and outputs from every diseqc should be connected to different cards.

Thanks, Artem