Re: Switching time

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM, VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You're saying that kernel provided by distributors (Fedora 10 in my case) is
> not tuned for desktops?
> Interesting... Will try that after I'll try moving back to 1.7.0.

I'm not agreeing that tweaking your kernel will help channel tune
times because I don't know.  I can just confirm that your times seem
excessive.  I don't know if this helps but I'm using Debian testing
with a v4l tree from 2008-09-17 (pre-s2api mess), VDR-1.7.1, and
kernel 2.6.27.8.  I don't use a stock kernel, I've compiled my own
containing only what I need.  If you think it will help, I'll be more
then happy to send you my .config to try.
Hi,

Did some tests, without conclusive results so far.

Upgraded to xine-lib 1.2 from hg - same results (both for xine and xinelibout).
Tried to compile softdevice 0.5, but it doesn't work with current ffmpeg (also from SVN not long ago).
Tried softdevice from CVS, now it compiles, but crashes. I still prefer external frontend, but want to know what cause the delay...
Compiled now 2.6.27.8 kernel with desktop preemptive model (I think it was the default by th way) - same results.

VDR User, I will be mor than happy to see your .config to compare with mine, maybe I've missed something.

My next step would be to move to 1.7.0, but I suspect it will not help since Goga777 reports the same problem...

Goga, you're with S2API drivers, right? Halim and Morfsta, how about you?
VDR User doesn't use S2API drivers...