Re: VDR with S2API (update)

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any movement to files >2GB for the recordings?
I will most likely change this when going to TS recording format.
In doing so, I'd like to get rid of splitting recordings into separate
files altogether. However, I think there might be people who still
want this feature - any comments?
Larger files - more possibilities the whole recording will be corrupted. Small parts will allow to recover at least some parts of it.
It will also create more fragmentation in the file system.

Klaus, I've asked about the size of recording in TS format that you probably missed (or ignored :)).
Will there be more overhead compared to currently recorded format?

As far as I know TS might contain several streams of a transponder. Will VDR strip other channels from the stream and record only needed data?

Thanks.