Re: VDR with S2API (update)

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 11:03:45AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Is there any movement to files >2GB for the recordings?
>
> I will most likely change this when going to TS recording format.
> In doing so, I'd like to get rid of splitting recordings into separate
> files altogether. However, I think there might be people who still
> want this feature - any comments?

I definately want it! I use the hardlink cutter patch because otherwise cutting
is really slow because of the copy involved. Going to HD it might even get
worse if one movie is e.g. 10gb large and to cut out the commercials 9gb have
to be copied. With hardlink cutter I use 100MB file sizes and cutting is almost
instant because only the files with the cut are copied/cutted. All the other
files remain untouched!

Best regards,

   Jogi