Re: HD playback (was Where is the H.264 patch?)

On 28.11.2008 12:21, Morfsta wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
> <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I haven't followed this lately, but if the broadcast stream contains
>> AC3 data in PES packets with ID 0xC0, then the problem needs to be
>> fixed at the broadcaster - VDR merely follows the standard.
>> Unless, of course, a bug in VDR can be pointed out...
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Perhaps you are right, but the bizarre thing is that I don't see any
> evidence on the Internet of other set top boxes suffering from this
> problem. But 0xC0 is normally reserved for MPA audio right? Surely
> this would cause problems with other STBs? I also don't see users of
> other software (e.g. MythTV) having this problem, which seems a bit
> suspicious.
>
> I have uploaded a VDR recording of BBC HD to megaupload if you (or
> anyone else) is interested in looking at it? Appreciate you might be
> busy with other things right now though. Otherwise, I had a look in
> device.c around
>
>           case 0xC0 ... 0xDF: // audio
>
>           case 0xBD: { // private stream 1
>                  case 0x80: // AC3 & DTS
>
> but if 0xC0 is being used for audio I can't understand how this can be
> adjusted to permit checking for the content of AC3 data too.

I haven't done anything in the direction of replaying HD content so far,
and I won't get myself involved in replaying PES HD material.
My guess would be that as soon as VDR is completely switched to TS
recording, this problem should just go away, because VDR then no longer
looks at these IDs at all.

Klaus