Re: Small VDR-streamdev patch for Popcorn Hour NMT

Frank Schmirler schrieb:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:02:48 +0100, jori.hamalainen wrote

>>> The fixed file starts with a PMT packet. Could PCH be choking on the fact
>>> that the TS stream starts right in the middle of nowhere?
>>>
>> I think this is a good quess. I don't know how much PCH reads the
>> stream for PMT table (first 10kB, first 100kB,...?), so if it does
>> not have it in time it quits the stream.
>>
>> So could streamdev be easily modified to provide PMT at stream
>> start? And could PMT be rewritten later if new streams are found.
>> With this I mean on first PMT you have audio/video-stream. And
>> subtitle appears 60 seconds from the start so give new PMT with
>> private subtitles streams as well?
>>

> I opened a bug report (http://www.vdr-developer.org/mantisbt/view.php?id=496)
> and posted a quick hack which should strip off all packets before the first
> PAT and probably some packets before the first PMT (hopefully not including
> the PMT). The PMT part needs to be elaborated. Sending a PMT with basic
> information first should be possible and sounds like a good idea. I'll take a
> look into this the next days.
>

>> How about the other symptom I was giving output. My VDR machine and its
>> mplayer. Sometimes it recognizes stream as MPEG-2, and sometimes
>> H.264. What do you believe, problem with TS stream or problem with
>> Mplayer stream recognition.
>>

> Could have the same cause...
>
> Frank

After your patch TSDoctor does not find a PAT at all! Tested with both
versions of the patch.

Somebody in the NMT forum claims that he has it working with vdr-1.7.1
without any modifications. H264 streams should work too according to
this post:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=1696&pid=92157

Hope this helps.
Helge.