Re: Small VDR-streamdev patch for Popcorn Hour NMT

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:02:48 +0100, jori.hamalainen wrote
> >> ----------- PMT 0 -----------
> >> Packet                   : 1
>
> > The fixed file starts with a PMT packet. Could PCH be choking on the fact
> > that the TS stream starts right in the middle of nowhere?
>
> I think this is a good quess. I don't know how much PCH reads the
> stream for PMT table (first 10kB, first 100kB,...?), so if it does
> not have it in time it quits the stream.
>
> So could streamdev be easily modified to provide PMT at stream
> start? And could PMT be rewritten later if new streams are found.
> With this I mean on first PMT you have audio/video-stream. And
> subtitle appears 60 seconds from the start so give new PMT with
> private subtitles streams as well?

I opened a bug report (http://www.vdr-developer.org/mantisbt/view.php?id=496)
and posted a quick hack which should strip off all packets before the first
PAT and probably some packets before the first PMT (hopefully not including
the PMT). The PMT part needs to be elaborated. Sending a PMT with basic
information first should be possible and sounds like a good idea. I'll take a
look into this the next days.

> How about the other symptom I was giving output. My VDR machine and its
> mplayer. Sometimes it recognizes stream as MPEG-2, and sometimes
> H.264. What do you believe, problem with TS stream or problem with
> Mplayer stream recognition.

Could have the same cause...

Frank