Re: Freeview+ aka TV-Anytime Patch (updated)

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:10 +0100, Dave P wrote:
> A few months ago I posted a VDR patch to implement support for Freeview+,
> the cut-down version of TV-Anytime (ETSI TS 102 323) broadcast in the UK.
>
> I've prepared a new version against VDR 1.6.0-2, and included a simple Perl
> script which automatically creates timers for all of the programmes in a
> series. Run it overnight as a cron job and never miss your favourite
> series again!
>
> The patch is at http://www.pickles.me.uk/vdrtva-0.0.3.tar.gz

Interesting stuff :)

I don't suppose it's possible to implement this as a plugin rather than
a patch to VDR's core? Is there not enough core exposed via the plugin
API?

I can't see the patch going into VDR core any time because it's focused
squarely at UK users only and Klaus would never have a use for it
(unlike the Premiere-specific multi-angle support) so I'm worried that a
lot of users will be missing out, especially if they use a packaged VDR.

Cheers,
Gavin.