Re: Failed to read channels.conf after adding transponder

On 09/06/08 18:38, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Saturday 06 September 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Since this kind of complaints keeps occuring ever again, I guess it's best
>> to simply report errors when reading config files (as suggested by Tim)
> [...]
>
> Somewhat related - I'm wondering why comments are not allowed in
> channels.conf, remote.conf, setup.conf and timers.conf?
>
> Or actually more generally why an option for disallowing comments in some
> *.conf files exists in the first place :)

Some files are "human written" and will not be overwritten by VDR.
In those files comments make sense.

Other files are automatically written by VDR, so comments don't make
much sense there.

But I have no problem with allowing comments in all files and just
dropping them when automatically writing back those files.
Is this something you'd like to have?

Klaus