Re: ERROR: video data stream broken

Hi Siegfried,
Siegfried Haas wrote:> I´m using vdr1.4.7 on a Suse10.3 with one FF-DVB-S-Card (technotrend > rev.1.3) and one budget DVB-T (winTV nova).> Everything worked well until yesterday.> When I turned on the TV there was no output on the TV and when one timer > started recording vdr terminated and runvdr tried to start it again - > but the videosignal didn´t come up.
I had a similar problem like you. I disabled the automatic restart in VDR and then got log entries that video stream is broken and the picture   on the TV stays blank.Sometimes after switching it's working sometimes not.Recordings are sometimes blank and sometimes full of distortions sometimes they are fine.
Finally it was a defect FF card. I replaced it and everything worked fine.Maybe you have the same problem but before you replace the card you maybe want to check all cable etc. These F-connectors are really ugly.
Bye,Matthias
-- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- Rich Cook