Re: Improve SVDRP GRAB ...

On Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2008, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I would like to 'improve' (or simply extend)
> the SVDRP Grab command to allow for grabbing
> a picture from a given channel, if possible,
> without disturbing normal operations
>
> basic idea:
>
>  get a device which is capable of tuning
>  the specified channel (optionally shared
>  transponder)
>
>  tune to the channel/stream, and wait until
>  data is available (or some timeout has been
>  reached)
>
>  grab a screenshot (similar to current grab)
>

> now, what I tried so far is the following
> (with little success :)

As far as I know, the grab command does grab of the primary device.
For a ff card this is done by accessing /dev/video. For what you want you need
a different approach - you need to receive some data and run a software mpeg2
decoder over it - then you get a picture without disturbing current
operation.

Matthias