Re: dfb/coreavc,xine bulid problem

I demand that Timothy D. Lenz may or may not have written...

> From: "Darren Salt" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[snip]
>> I demand that Timothy D. Lenz may or may not have written...
>>> I am runing debian 64bit.
>> alpha? amd64? ia64? sparc? :-)

> AMD Athlon64 x2 cpu.

>>> I am currently using rgb out of nexus But I want to switch to the Matrox
>>> g450 so I can down convert hd to sd. I am trying to use vdr-xine
>>> plugin, DirectFB with fb_xine for the matrox card  and coreavc for
>>> decoder. The problem is getting xine 1.2 to build. Using latest HG make
>>> seems to compile but using fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage I get a lot of
>>> this:

>>> pp.c:309: warning: statement with no effect
>>> pp.c:311: error: âpost_plugin_pp_tâ has no member named âpp_modeâ
>>> pp.c:312: error: implicit declaration of function âpp_postprocessâ
>> [snip rest]

>> Those errors don't make sense on their own. I'm guessing that there were
>> errors before them...

[snip gcc invocation]
> pp.c:37:39: error: libpostproc/postprocess.h: No such file or directory

Oh. Another of those.

Your config.log *should* be sufficient for determining what's going wrong
here, but knowing where you've installed the ffmpeg headers (libavcodec,
libavutil & libpostproc will be enough, I think) should help too, and may by
itself be enough to determine what needs to be done to fix this.

(I'm assuming that the libpostproc headers are actually installed; and maybe
*this* time enough information will be forthcoming...)

[snip]
>>> +       STREAMDEV_H264_VIDEO = 0xe0       /* ISO/IEC 14496-10 Video
> (MPEG-4
>>> part 10/AVC, aka H.264) */

Would you mind *not* brokenly wrapping text?

(Hint: don't use Lookout Express.)

[snip]
[snip quoted .sig]

> So we need an updated patch :(

Well, updated & fixed, really. Actually, multiple patches, so that we can
(more) easily cherry-pick bits which we consider to be ready for merging.

| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

You will not be elected to public office this year.