Re: Output plugin

Perhaps the plugin could be adapted to pipe livetv  to a unix socket and in the script tell mplayer where to connect to the unix socket? Or start recordings from VDR Admin or SVDRP and watch live-recording.

Just playing with ideas. The mplayer script/plugin was designed to be not dependent on X (depending on mplayer video output support compiled). I think it contains a vdr-plugin that calls a script called mplayer.sh/mplay.sh so that you as a user can play with the settings without having to modify the vdr-plugin all the time. Perhaps in this case the plugin will have to be modified include livetv viewing?

Do have a look at the script, you will see the attributes set in the script builds the command line to call mplayer, so you will just have to adapt your current command line that you use for your specific mplayer into this script.

On 11/04/2008, Josce <josce39@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> on Gentoo there is  vdr-mplayer plugin,

I thought this plugin is for playing files only?

What I am interested in is a "Output device" plugin.
So that I could pipe/stream all the output - including live viewing -
to the modified mplayer that has hardware acceleration.

Josce