Request: Pvrinput and cards without mpeg encoder - writing a user mode encoder/proxy

Hi,

	I'd like to use pvrinput plugin with my saa7134 based card.

This card lacks of mpeg encoder, so I think so... Why don't write a
proxy that works like DV4Linux preloading a library before starting VDR.

- In the library configuration should be written the stupid device
driver name (environment).

- The library should trap the open of v4l device.

- It should be started a probe routine for looking for device driver
match the environment variable.

- On open(fd,file), if file match the device probed, then using
libavcodec, start encoding mpeg stream into a buffer for mmap

- on ioctl, rewrite driver name in v4l2_capability.driver

[and so on]

What about this approach? Any volunteer?

Regards,

Eddi