Re: VDR as a set top box

Petri Helin wrote:
> [...]
> start up a fluxbox session. The fluxbox session runs a start up script
> which starts vdr-sxfe, which connect to the xineliboutput plugin.
> [...]
One general question: Is vdr-sxfe reliable enough on
bad-weather-conditions? I have played around last week with VDR-1.5.18
and xineliboutputs internal display window, and it was rock-solid while
in the past other solutions like xine or vdr-sxfe crashed if there was a
bigger problem with the signal strength.
Or do you have implemented some kind of "keep vdr-sxfe
alive"-functionality? Because having to start vdr-sxfe manually again is
IMHO not really set-top-box-like... :)
On the other hand, I would prefer using vdr-sxfe instead of the internal
x11 display because then I can release LIRC by shutting down vdr-sxfe
e.g. if I want to use Elisa as second Media Center for playing back MP3s
and videos in a more comfortable way than VDR can offer...

With kind regards

Joerg