Re: Problems playing ongoing recordings?

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 21:51:06 VDR User wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Artur Skawina <art_k@xxxxx> wrote:
> >  kind of hard to describe something you no longer remember... ;)
> >  I _think_ the issue was some kind of stuttering playback; it didn't
> > happen always, but often enough that one day i decided to see if writing
> > the stream in much larger chunks would help. It did; never seen it since.
>
> The only time I've heard about people having stuttering playback of
> recordings was when DMA wasn't turned on for their harddrive(s).
> Other then that, I don't know what to tell you.  I playback recordings
> while they're still recording all the time and never experienced any
> problems.  Maybe someone else can comment about this but otherwise it
> seems to be a dead topic.

Artur is right. I am using the following VDR setup: 2 VDR machines in
client(FF)/server(budget) mode (thank to streamdev) over wifi. The video
folder is shared over the network in CIFS (aka Samba). Actually replaying VDR
recording is not smooth all the time and the timeshifting on the client side
is not working at all. Recording on the server and playing on the client at
the same time result in smooth and freeze cycle with lip sync issue. Watching
live programs is perfect.