Re: BBC EPG from sat ? (loadepg equivalent ?)

André Weidemann wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> even if my english is quiete limited, I really enjoy the program from
>> the BBC (S13.0E/S19.2E/S28.2E) which are FTA :-)
>>
>> The only thing I miss is an epg of more than current and next.
>>
>> Is it a limitation of VDR (I mean does it work for other receiver) or
>> are the BBC only broadcasting current and next epg ?
>>
>> I have internet access on my computer, maybe it could be a way to go,
>> but I would find much cleaner from the sat.
>
> Hi Gregoire,
> I have not tried this myself, but Klaus provides a script called
> getskyepg.pl. It comes with each VDR. It parses the xml files from this
> page http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/[-1-6] and it needs it's own
> channels.conf.sky to be able to work.
> Just take a look into the sky folder under path_to_VDR/PLUGINS/src/sky.
>
> Let me know if it worked or not.
>
> Good look.
>   André

Gregoire,

 >Is it a limitation of VDR (I mean does it work for other receiver) or
 > are the BBC only broadcasting current and next epg ?

Sorry, forgot to say:
Via satellite they (BBC + ITV) only transmit current and next. I believe
it comes from their history of having been a part of a Sky bouquet, I
think there was a separate channel for all epg, or something similar.

Cheers Brian