Re: BBC EPG from sat ? (loadepg equivalent ?)

André Weidemann wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> even if my english is quiete limited, I really enjoy the program from
>> the BBC (S13.0E/S19.2E/S28.2E) which are FTA :-)
>>
>> The only thing I miss is an epg of more than current and next.
>>
>> Is it a limitation of VDR (I mean does it work for other receiver) or
>> are the BBC only broadcasting current and next epg ?
>>
>> I have internet access on my computer, maybe it could be a way to go,
>> but I would find much cleaner from the sat.
>
> Hi Gregoire,
> I have not tried this myself, but Klaus provides a script called
> getskyepg.pl. It comes with each VDR. It parses the xml files from this
> page http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/[-1-6] and it needs it's own
> channels.conf.sky to be able to work.
> Just take a look into the sky folder under path_to_VDR/PLUGINS/src/sky.
>
> Let me know if it worked or not.
>
> Good look.
>   André

Problem is that Bleb no longer has all the channels, copyright problems.
Thats why I no longer use it. I use the solution pointed out by Tony
Grant, it works perfectly well. You can customize which channel's epg it
should retrieve. During my VDR PC startup an init script tells the at
daemon to run my get epg script after waiting a few seconds to allow VDR
to start. So its totally asynchronous to VDR. I prefer not to have
anything waiting for the epg script to finish, just in case. I can also
call the same script from the OSD if required.

Cheers Brian