Re: Straw poll: stable version 1.6.0 now?

On 02/03/08 12:17, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> On 02/03/08 11:43, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
>>> No. The current features in 1.5.14 are still missing some essential key
>>> features that should be included in the next stable version: DVB
>>> subtitling (still missing component type support for the hard of
>>> hearing), EBU subtitling, native channels.conf support for pseudo DVB
>>> devices (pvrinput, iptv, analogtv), and multiple channel lists.
>> I am not going to deal with these things before DVB-S2/H.264, anyway.
>
> The compile time selection between multiproto and normal drivers (as
> done in Udo's dvb-api-emulate patch) could be used from now on. I don't
> see any reason to freeze the development at this phase.
>
> The completition of H.264 support would be nice to have in next stable
> version.  The H.264 support isn't related only to DVB-S2 as it's used
> already in many DVB-C and DVB-T networks nowadays.

Just for the record: this would most likely pospone the next stable version for quite
a while.

> Also, I'd vote for making the recording format selectable, PES or TS, as
> it would make the postprocessing of VDR files with existing
> Windows/Linux tools a lot easier.

It is either going to remain PES, or switch entirely to TS.
Supporting both formats for recording is not what I intend to do.
Of course, replaying PES recordings will still be possible.

Klaus