Re: Straw poll: stable version 1.6.0 now?

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> On 02/03/08 11:43, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
>> No. The current features in 1.5.14 are still missing some essential key
>> features that should be included in the next stable version: DVB
>> subtitling (still missing component type support for the hard of
>> hearing), EBU subtitling, native channels.conf support for pseudo DVB
>> devices (pvrinput, iptv, analogtv), and multiple channel lists.
>
> I am not going to deal with these things before DVB-S2/H.264, anyway.

The compile time selection between multiproto and normal drivers (as
done in Udo's dvb-api-emulate patch) could be used from now on. I don't
see any reason to freeze the development at this phase.

The completition of H.264 support would be nice to have in next stable
version.  The H.264 support isn't related only to DVB-S2 as it's used
already in many DVB-C and DVB-T networks nowadays.

Also, I'd vote for making the recording format selectable, PES or TS, as
it would make the postprocessing of VDR files with existing
Windows/Linux tools a lot easier.

--
rofa