Re: next features?

On Nov 19, 2007 9:37 AM, Jan Exner <exner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How come manufacturers aren't jumping at the chance to capture the
> > profits from people like you with old slow pc's in need of such cards?
>
> I'm not saying my way is the best way.
>
> But there are more people like Klaus who are quite happy with hardware
> decoding, and I am grateful he works the way he does.

Yeah, but it's usually not a benefit to the software when the work is
based primary on the needs of a small minority.  In my opinion, the
more people interested in VDR, the better because the bigger the VDR
community gets, the more contributors you'll get as well.  Which of
course can be great for the development to the software.  I do agree
that it would be nice if code/patch submissions were evaluated by more
then just one person (no offense Klaus!) to give a better & more
well-rounded opinion.  And also a bug/request/ticket system would be
nice as well.  Yes, technically you could use the mailing list for
that but mailing lists aren't well-organized for that.

I think the advantages of change are pretty obvious so hopefully Klaus
will take them into serious consideration.  Also, change does -not-
mean losing control!!  In this case it just means improving
organization, workflow, development, and in the end VDR!  :)