Re: next features?

On Nov 18, 2007 4:20 PM, Alasdair Campbell <ragawu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know what I'd go for...it's just a shame that hardware HD decoding
> hasn't grown enough for there to be some competition and innovation.

I think the cost of producing such hardware HD cards doesn't make
sense when you can build a new pc that can handle software HD decoding
for cheap anyways.  Also, as I understand, the chips which can do it
contain many other functions that are just a total waste when you put
the chip on a card to be only a HD decoder.  Besides, I don't think
that many users are still using some ancient pc with a slow cpu like
Klaus has.  Why would you bother when you can buy something way better
& faster for cheap these days?