About language choices in subtitle and audio selectors

Hi,

I am wondering whether it would be possible to use full names instead of
abbreviations for languages in audio and subtitle selectors? I am also
wondering how the current solution gets the name/abbreviation for an
option in the list, since at least for subtitles there seems to be
something wrong. For Finnish subtitles I get the abbreviation "fin" for
live TV and recordings made with VDR version >= 1.5.10. Same for Swedish
  subtitles. But for a program which contains Finnish and Spanish
subtitles, I get "fin" and "50" or, even more confusing, "fin" and
"fin". And for recordings made with the old subtitles plugin and VDR
version prior to 1.5.10 with Finnish subtitles, the option given says "57".

I feel this is a bit confusing, and was hoping to change it, but
unfortunately I cannot figure out the method how the names for the
option are chosen. So, I am hoping for someone to clarify how it is done
and whether it could be easily changed.

-Petri