Re: DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.10

On 10/25/07, Reinhard Nissl <rnissl@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Please give the patch on the below mentioned site a try. Your recording
> (which uses only interlaced frames) plays properly here when I play it
> at 50 % of normal speed (my PC simply isn't fast enough for realtime
> decoding).
>
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=662944#post662944

That has fixed it - BBC HD and HD2/5 (Astra 3) are now playing
smoothly! It is so much better!

Now I have noticed another problem - there is a strange "fuzz" effect
(like tearing, but not exactly the same) on some broadcasts and not on
others. At first I thought it was the graphics setup on fast panning,
but this is not the case - it affects static images also. I saw this
on BBC HD and HD2/5. I managed to capture a snippet of the BBC HD
preview that demonstrates this - it's very strange because clips
before and after this preview snippet were fine again so it must be
something to do with this particular HD recording as part of the
preview...

Here is a link to a short recording (26Mb) demonstrating the problem: -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=72LCAI2P

Regards,

Morfsta