DVB-S2 + H.264 support for VDR-1.5.10

Hi,

I tried the patch yesterday on my desktop computer: -

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 CPU
2Gb RAM
Nvidia 6200LE PCI-E graphics card
400Gb IDE (not SATA) hard disk
Skystar 2 DVB-S
Latest Ubuntu with xorg
Latest NVIDIA Drivers
Hooked up DVI -> HDMI on a Pioneer 43" plasma TV at 720p (native
resolution of the panel = 1024x768) and using 32bpp on the desktop.
vdr-1.5.9 with the earlier h264 patch (I didn't see the seperated
patch for 1.5.10 yesterday)
xine-lib-cvs

The only test channel I could try it on at the moment is the BBC HD
service on Astra 2 which is FTA, DVB-S and mpeg4 (MBAFF).  Used tvtime
Greedy2Frame deinterlacer in xine.

The picture was very good, but there was dropped frames that xine
reported and the stuttered on occassion and then ran very quickly to
catch up. Playing around with the settings in xine (setting threads to
2 etc) didn't really make much difference. However, for the first time
I've spent playing with this I was impressed with the picture quality
out of VDR. Top reported that the CPU was ~40% idle so I don't know
why I saw dropped frames...

One other thing I noticed though was when using XVMC (-V xxmc) to view
normal MPEG2 channels the VDR OSD looked terrible (very blockly
looking) and playing with the settings in the xine plugin did not make
it better. Any recommendations on improving this? When using MPEG4
(i.e. software accel)  the OSD was fine.

Any thoughts on this anyone and/or Reinhard?

Cheers

Morfsta