Re: Output methods and WSS

Laz kirjoitti:
> On Tuesday 16 Oct 2007, Stuart Morris wrote:
>
>> According to the MVPvdr website
>>   http://www.rst38.org.uk/mediamvp/mvpvdr.html
>>   there appears to be no way to set timers so I have never been tempted
>>   to try it out.
>>
>>   I failed to get an early version of the MediaMVP plugin to work many
>> years ago.
>>
>>   Vomp is still being developed so maybe you should join the forum
>>   http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/
>>

> Vomp seems to work quite well. I have an older (H2) MediaMVP which I use
> on a tele' upstairs, mainly for watching recordings but live TV also
> works. I think it does have the ability to set timers (on the remote vdr
> server) but I've never tried that.
>
> I also have a newer (H4) MediaMVP which I've never managed to get to work
> but I think it's meant to. These things load a firmware using TFTP when
> you boot them and they seem quite picky about which files they will
> download (or not in the case of the newer one!).
>
> It was fairly easy to set the older one up but you do need a DHCP server
> (to point the MediaMVP at a TFTP server) and a TFTP server to serve the
> firmware. Both of these are built in to the vompserver plugin but I never
> managed to get them to work! I'm already running a DHCP server on a
> different machine so I'm using that to point the MediaMVP at my main vdr
> box which is running a stand-alone TFTP server.
>
> Might sound complicated but it works (at least for the older one!).
>
> Some things it is missing (as far as I can tell) are trickspeed playback
> and editing functions, and some of the remote buttons do different things
> from how I've got my main vdr remote set up. It allows playback of
> recordings to be resumed but it uses its own resume files, so if you are
> halfway through watching a recording on the real vdr system, it will
> replay from the beginning on the vomp box!
>
> I'm not sure I'd want it as my main way of using vdr (lacks some useful
> features) but is very good for use as a second system. Also much quieter
> than the old PC I had as a second vdr system upstairs!

As I said, I have a MediaMVP and Vompserver running. Have had for some
time now (six months or so). The biggest problem is the lack of support
for subtitles. And I agree that as with the current properties I am not
going to use this as my main device. And you can not edit timers with it
only wiev them. Also I would like for the resume to be possible while
changing from vdr to mediamvp or vv. But anyway it is good for as a
second device in the bedroom. It's small and makes no sound and you can
use it for wieving live tv or recordings.

And for Stuart, I joined the forum a long time ago :)

Still remains to be answered if anyone has tried MVPVdr?

\\Kartsa