Re: vdr-1.5.9 and ttxtsubs patch/plugin

On 09/05/07 07:35, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> DVB subtitles will be fully integrated in the next developer
>> version, thanks to Marco Schlüßler who povided the main parts
>> of the DVB subtitle handling. There are just a few remaining
>> issues that need to be solved before I'll release it.
>
> Does your implementation provide compatibility for external demuxers

It stores the DVB subtitles into PES packets with ids ranging
from 0x20...0x3F, if that's what you mean.

> like ProjectX and recordings made with current subtitles plugin?
> Marco's patch does the remuxing a bit differently as the subtitles
> plugin.

We'll have to see about that. If it doesn't work immediately
(which would mean that the subtitle plugin did it wrong ;-)
I'm sure there can be some compatibility code or a tool that
converts existing recordings.

> I'd also like see some features currently found in the subtitles plugin
> in VDR's implementation: vertical offset and transparency adjustments.

Let's see about that once the basic functionality works.

Klaus