vdr-1.5.9 and ttxtsubs patch/plugin

Hello,

I downloaded the patch for both vdr and the ttxtsubs plugin from Rolf's
page, but the subtitles aren't showing.
With a quick look (and I remark "quick" so I may be wrong) it seems that
the patches now don't change anymore the osd but use the new osd level
in vdr-1.5.9.
I'd like to know if the new patch is supposed to be working, or the
cause the subtitles aren't showing is my hurriedly patched dxr3 and xine
plugins.
If the latter, do you have any hint on how to correctly implement osd
level in said plugins?

Bye
--
Luca