Re: vdr-1.5.9 and ttxtsubs patch/plugin

On 09/04/07 23:45, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
>
>> I haven't looked into the code of the ttxt subtitle plugin, yet, but
>> currently my idea is to convert the ttxt subtitles into DVB subtitles,
>> so that VDR only needs to handle one type of subtitiles for recording
>> and live viewing.
>
> Aren't dvb subtitles just bitmaps? If so, converting the text to a
> bitmap for recording doesn't seem a good idea to me.

Well, in the end they would have to be displayed as bitmaps, anyway.
Besides, the DVB subtitle specs also provide a means of having
character strings instead of bitmaps. I'm not sure yet how it's
going to be, but I'm certainly not going to have two (or three, with
"Closed Captioning") different subtitling methods throughout VDR.
There's _one_ mechanism, based on "ETS 300 743", and anything else
will be converted to this as early as possible.

Klaus