Re: Extension HD PCI from ReelMultimedia in August ?

On 08/06/07 22:38, Georg Acher wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 10:19:50PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> How do you handle different audio tracks (German, English, etc) and
>
> Then there is more than one audio PID in the TS. But I don't know if the
> current PMT generation can handle that. But it doesn't look impossible, in
> the beginning everything was TS anyway ;-)
>
>> subitles in a TS stream? (Not that the core VDR supports subtitles, yet,
>> but it will at some point, and I don't see that happening with TS).
>
> No subtitles for h264 for now... But AFAIK they are encoded in a separate
> PID, so recording should be easy.

The way VDR currently handles different tracks is to identify them
through their PES ids, and I'd like to keep it that way when going
to HDTV.

But if TS works for you, that's fine, of course.

What I am wondering about, though, is: how do you detect the frame
borders in order to generate the index file? Don't you have to unpack
the TS to "see" the actual payload, anyway?

Klaus