Re: Extension HD PCI from ReelMultimedia in August ?

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 10:59:21PM +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> Hmm, a bit confusing.. Your saying that it's a component signal, not
> composite nor s-video? And you can only have output on both if the

You can have it all for 576i, for other resolutions it's only YUV. The DAC
is a Focus FS453 with 4 analog outputs. Usually 3 of them are YUV and the
remaining is composite. But you can switch the YUV to YC.

> driver is set to output 576p? Or are you saying you can have output
> on both, but only as 576i if the driver sets a mode for 576p on the
> HDMI output?

There's always output on HDMI and YUV with the same resolution, except 576p.
There you can also have 576i on YUV/YC/CVBS.

> How is the driver support done? As a dvb driver similar to the
> drivers for full featured cards? The german vdr forum postings didn't
> translate very well with google translate.

There was a discussion on that in this list a while ago which ended in
fruitless anoyance about one binary only module in the Linux kernel on the
HD card. Look for "future VDR and NetCeiver OEM from Reelmultimedia" and
"issues about binary only code...".

For the moment, we have only a plugin for vdr and some demo programs to
transfer TS/ES data. There's no plan for a DVB adapter-like integration, but
there's no obstacle in writing one...

The current scheme works quite fine, also it requires only a small
DVB-independent kernel driver for establishing the shared memory
communication. BTW, when reading the DVB-ML, I don't get the impression that
the DVB subsystem is in a good shape for the near future :-(

--
         Georg Acher, acher@xxxxxxxxx
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher