Re: VDR shutdown question

Norbert Goebel wrote:
> as always it's a problem of knowing how to do what you want to do.> I for example am trying and trying to get rid of the onscreen message > "Taste drücken, um Ausschalten abzubrechen" automatically, but somehow > commands like> $svdrpsend HITK Ok > /dev/nulll &> with svdrpsend=/usr/lib/vdr/svdrpsend.pl> > do not get through to vdr when issued in a shutdown-hook script (debian > vdr), but work flawlessly when issued by hand.> Any suggestions on that problem?
let me guess: it gets a timeout? VDR is busy waiting for the shutdownscript to return, sono new svdr-connection is accepted. Spawn the svdrpsend (with at, if you like) and yourproblems will vanish.
>> My biggest problem might be understanding how to make an intelligent> shutdownscript for vdr and there are almost no examples given - if you> got a longer "example" I would be glad to learn from it ;)
my shutdownscript consists of the some lines above and some ssh-commands to myhouse-controlling (NSLU2), which tracks, which computer is online and offline, and whichcomputer wants to wakeup when (via wake-on-lan). I don't know if this would be helpful,since its quite complex.
regards,Friedhelm.