Re: VDR shutdown question

Friedhelm Büscher schrieb:
> simply write an intelligent shutdownscript.
>

> mine does:
>
> (only snippets)
>
> if [ "`ps aux | grep noad | grep -v 'grep noad'`" != "" ]; then
>   logger -t vdr "not shutting down, noad is running"
>
> if [ "`smbstatus -p | grep -c 192.168.42`" != "0" ]; then
>   logger -t vdr "not shutting down, samba-users are connected"
>   exit 1
>   fi
>
> if [ "`w -hs | wc -l`" != "0" ]; then
>   logger -t vdr "not shutting down, users are connected"
>   exit 1
>   fi
>
> simply do a timecheck. if its ok to shutdown, do it with an wakeuptime of $5 or if its a
> manual shutdown without timer, with a wakeuptime of `date -d "tomorrow 8am" +"%s"`
>

> you can script vdr very well, imho.
>
> regards,
> Friedhem.

Hi,

as always it's a problem of knowing how to do what you want to do.
I for example am trying and trying to get rid of the onscreen message
"Taste drücken, um Ausschalten abzubrechen" automatically, but somehow
commands like
$svdrpsend HITK Ok > /dev/nulll &
with svdrpsend=/usr/lib/vdr/svdrpsend.pl

do not get through to vdr when issued in a shutdown-hook script (debian
vdr), but work flawlessly when issued by hand.
Any suggestions on that problem?

My biggest problem might be understanding how to make an intelligent
shutdownscript for vdr and there are almost no examples given - if you
got a longer "example" I would be glad to learn from it ;)

Regards,
Norbert