Re: new video-card with h264 decoder

Igor Nikanov wrote:>> E.g. 8500-series seems very good alternative. Don't know whether there>> is linux support for it yet.> > yes, as far as I understand this link http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91896> there's linux drivers for this card, but the support of technology for h264 acceleration - NVIDIA®> PureVideo™ didn't include in it :(
Well, this is hardly news to me. None of these advanced features areimplemented in Linux drivers for some reason. Same goes for AMD/ATI.
I'm hoping that Intel makes an exception with their 3000 series. It maynot be fast in 3D but if they provide open source driver withaccelerated decoding of HD materian then I'll switch to Intel thesecond. There should be either available or to become available also astand-alone card and not just a mboard with integrated solution (thisdoes not interest me due other reasons).
Br, Pasi
_______________________________________________vdr mailing listvdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr